Mac mail app is the default mail app that comes with MAC OS. You can add and delete Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc mail accounts easily from the MAC mail app. Everybody needs a mail account and now you can integrate your mail account with smartphone and devices that can connect to the internet. Every device comes with inbuilt mail app as on Android there present Gmail app and on MAC it is MAC mail app. With the help of this app, you can have all your mail on your device. We have faced many questions regarding how to delete and remove an email account from MAC mail app.
It is easy to delete mail from MAC mail but you have to keep in mind that whenever you add or delete a mail account from MAC, all your mail cache will also be deleted. Now let’s check the steps below.
Delete or Remove mail account from MAC OS X
There are two easy and simple methods to delete or remove a mail account from MAC mail app. Stay until the end of this post and collect all necessary information regarding it.
- Click on your mail app present on MAC OS. Mail app will launch on click.
- On the top of the interface, you will have many menus. You need to click on the Mail option.
- After you have clicked on the Mail menu a new drop-down menu will arise from where you need to tab on Preferences.
- Now on the left pane, you have to choose which mail account you need to remove from MAC mail App.
- In the left bottom of the page, you will notice one plus and negative sign. Select the account and click on the negative sign.
- Whatever account you wish or want to delete confirm it by entering login details and then clicking on OK button.
- You can delete mail account in another way. For that, you need to go to your Apple System Preferences. For that first click on the Apple menu and click on System preferences or on Preferences.
- A new page will open, where you need to move your mouse cursor on Internet Accounts option.
- All email accounts that you have added before to your Apple mail app will be in front of you on the list. From the list select the account that you need to delete or remove.
- After you have selected that account move to the bottom of the page and click on the -(minus)sign near to +(plus) sign.
Following this above two solutions, you can delete mail account from MAC mail app. Choose any of the above methods as per your convenience and finish the task that you are looking for a long time.
Above are the steps to remove mail account but you might have a need to add a mail account to your MAC mail app. So here I am sharing the steps to add a mail account to MAC mail.
Add mail account to MAC mail
- To open the MAC mail app click on it. when it will open click on the Mail menu from the present on the left upper position of the page.
- A drop-down menu will open from where you need to select and click on Preferences.
- A new window will open, there present an Account option. Click on that option.
- Scroll to the end of the page where at the left bottom side of the page you will get a plus sign. Click on that icon.
- Now again from the drop-down menu, you need to click on POP. After that, you need to add mail account by providing its details to it.
- You need to type Your Name, Email Address in the user information and below to it in Login information, you need to enter your username and password.
- At the bottom of the page, you will notice the Outgoing Mail server (SMTP) along with a combo box.
- From the box, you need to select ADD Server and then enter all information regarding outgoing mail server.
Above it is all about delete or remove a mail account from MAC mail app. All the steps that I have listed above to do this task are easy and simple. Following the above steps step by step, you can easily remove any type of mail account from the Mac mail app database. As sometimes you may need to add an account to MAC mail app so I have listed here the steps to perform addition to the mail app.